- Grammar Focus: The Opener Comma & Subordinate Clauses
- Grammar Journal: Write a journal with at least five opener comma sentences.
- Mini Lesson (Device of the Day)– Symbolism & Motif
- Independent Reading & Reflection: (assignments & details in the PowerPoint)
Handouts & Notes: Symbolism and Motif Day 7 Revised(if videos don’t play, click on the titles and it will go to youtube).
- No Warm Up
- Persuasive Essay Writing (35% of your grade)
- Independent Reading after your essay
- Writer’s Notebooks due for a check!
Handouts & Notes: Persuasive Essay Rubric
Friday: (Note: Ms. Rolfe will be out at a conference on this day!)
- Grammar Focus: Sentence Wringer – Is There a Verb
- Grammar Journal: Write an entry on anything you want and circle all of the verbs!
- Independent Reading Time & Reflection: Diction & Tone – Write down at least three to five words that reveal the tone of your book.
Handouts & Notes: Diction & Tone Day, Tone Diction and Syntax (1)